1 mark questions
- What are metals?
- What are non-metals?
- Give two examples of metals.
- Give two examples of non-metals.
- What is the reactivity series?
- What is an ionic compound?
- What is the difference between a metal and an ionic compound?
- What are the properties of metals?
- What are the properties of non-metals?
- What are the uses of metals?
2 mark questions
- Write a balanced chemical equation for the reaction of sodium and chlorine to form sodium chloride.
- What is the name of the product formed when sodium and chlorine react?
- What is the type of bond present in sodium chloride?
- Explain why metals are good conductors of electricity.
- Explain why non-metals are poor conductors of electricity.
3 mark questions
- How is the reactivity series of metals determined?
- What are the two main types of ionic compounds?
- Explain the formation of an ionic compound using the example of sodium chloride.
- What are the properties of ionic compounds?
- Give two examples of the uses of ionic compounds.